Thursday, January 7, 2010

My Idea of Heaven....



I think that my notion of heaven would be to hear Natalie Merchant and 10,000 Maniacs singing all day long....in this case, Stockton Gala Days.

This one is probably my personal fav. I often play their tunes in my head while I am running.

I do not, however, run with electronic tunes (such as an iPod). It just seems wrong, somehow, to use electronics when I'm surrounded by the sights and sounds of nature. I'm trying to get away from civilization and want to be able to hear the leaves rustle from the wind or from the passage of a critter. Or to hear my footsteps--or those of someone approaching.

The use of electronics has generated some almost vehement exchanges on the UltraList, a newsgroup I subscribe to. Obviously it all comes down to personal preference. And this is a perfect example of the dichotomy I illustrated in my post of 26 Dec, from The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, about there being two types of people in this world....those who run with a tune device and those who don't. 

Count me into the latter.  Firmly and irrevocably.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment