Monday, February 15, 2010

20 at 20

That's 20 miles and 20 degrees, respectively, although in this case the data are interchangeable.

This weekend I continued my training towards the Umstead 100 Mile Endurance Run on 27 March, near Raleigh, NC.  According to my super duper training plan, I planned and executed a 20 miler.

Although it was chilly, the wind was minimal, and more out of the SW rather than the NW, so I was able to scope out some different roads from my house that I typically run on in the winter.  The Appalachian Trail and C&O Canal towpath are off-limits due to snowpack. 

I first did the Pig Farm 10 miler, passing by the house at the end of that loop, then headed west across US Rt 11 and circled around for another 10 miles.  Roads today were typically like this:


Felt pretty decent all the way and enjoyed the run immensely.

No comments:

Post a Comment