Sunday, June 20, 2010

English Vs. Spanish

I'm shaking my head so hard I gave myself a concussion. From the Think Progress blog:
After making ‘American English’ the official language of Texas, GOP recruits Latinos in Spanish.

This weekend, delegates of the Texas Republican Party voted to include a provision in their state party platform advocating for an immigration law similar to Arizona’s SB-1070.  The platform also proposes “making American English the official language of Texas and the United States.”  Nonetheless, the first video of a YouTube campaign aimed at attracting more Latinos to the party that was launched yesterday…in Spanish.

Hypocrisy is something I can't abide, although if it's mere stupidity, I'm not much reassured.  I won't tolerate rudeness either.

Time to go for a trail run.

No comments:

Post a Comment