Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Tree, Spiders, and Ultrarunning


Late posting today.

The bride and I have the empty nest syndrome going today.  So we went ahead and exchanged our gifts to each other this morning--Christmas Eve--which is our custom.

The sun was streaming thru the windows and highlighted the cobwebs that evidently came from a batch of spiders hatching from our Concolor Fir.  Look at the shots to see if you can see the cobwebs.  I don't begrudge the spiders for trying, and I don't go out of my way to kill them.  I just am not a fan of the cobwebs in the sunlight.



Somebody once wrote (and I'm too lazy to Google it) that "Sunlight is the Best Disinfectant."  The writer was alluding to politics and back-room deals that never would be done, were a strong light to be shined upon the attempt.

Link to Ultrarunning?  After having run all night in a 100 miler, and your energy is tanking as you chug into the final miles, having the sun come up is absolutely the best disinfectant for purging negative thoughts and feelings.  You know you can finish!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment