Monday, May 16, 2011

Streak Running

I'm not anal, really. I just like to hit certain milestones.  I can stop anytime I want to.

As I have previously noted, I am a minimalist runner, meaning my running over the past 15 years or so has averaged maybe 1200-1400 per year, or at about 100 miles per month.  So hitting 100 miles per month somehow has become an important benchmark for me.

I know, many of you young runners commonly or even regularly reach 100 miles every week, but it works quite well for me.

This month I reached 50 miles early, on 7 May, when I finished the Capon Valley 50K.  But I figured I'd not be able to make 100 for the month because of only being able to run through 18 May, losing the last 13 days of the month (more about that in Thursday's post).

Anyway, I made a concentrated effort to plan and execute some runs when ordinarily I would have been easing back in after the 50K.  So today when I run the perimeter with the guys I will hit the magic 100.

I am quite aware that nobody but me really cares about my mileage.  And nope, I'm not anal at all.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment