Monday, February 20, 2012

Head Cold...and Ultrarunning

Light post today.  Was down hard the second half of last week and all weekend with a head cold, which I rarely ever get.  The bride had it worse and is still suffering.

Anyway, went out early today for a gentle 5 miler and it went well.  First run in nearly a week.

I've previously posted about my theory about fevers and running but it obviously didn't work this time:

You know how you always hear that running a fever is your body's way of fighting an infection? That an elevated body temperature can kill pathogens, such as bacteria or viruses?
Well, my theory is that in running we elevate our body temperature all the time and that's why--in my case, at least, as an experiment of one--we are healthier than the general population. Not just fitter, but healthier.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment