Monday, September 3, 2012

"Sinister" Products...and Ultrarunning

I guess I'm too old, because I saw this in a Kmart flyer and it bothered me.

Seems they sell a line of youth-oriented clothing with the brand name of Sinister.

Here is an example:

 
 
I suppose this concept of trying to be edgy and dangerous and James Dean-like is as old as humankind.  Reminds me of my friend Wacker back in the day when he began hanging out with a bad crowd.
 
We--the "good" kids--gave him the "Rookie Thug of the Year" award.
 
Yeah, maybe this Sinister clothing is a harmless way to explore personas...but for me, making this type of statement to the world at large is just telling them, "Hey, look at me!  I'm stupid!"
 
Oh, and the link to Ultrarunning?  I cannot ever in my wildest dreams imagine encountering a trail runner wearing such a product (even if it came in a synthetic technical fabric).
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment