Saturday, September 29, 2012

SNL, Mick Jagger...and Ultrarunning

Today NBC airs a rerun of last season's finale show, with Mick Jagger as both the host and featured musical guest.  He was great as a comedic actor, and of course the music was awesome.  An A+ episode for sure!

I was totally smitten with that episode, especially the tune The Last Time, preformed with the Canadian band Arcade Fire.  I've been all over the net but cannot seem to find that clip, other than this short and grainy excerpt, here (cannot embed it, apparently--sorry!).

Anyway, watch it or set your DVR--you will be so glad you did.

Oh, and the link to Ultrarunning?  The continued existence of both Mick Jagger and Saturday Night Live attest to the enduring power of vintage things.  Like me, who has been enjoying this sport for over 3 decades now. 

I know I don't have 3 more, but I'll take what I can get.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment