Tuesday, May 28, 2013

"Three Planets Dance in the West After Sunset"

Here I go again: if you are not already a follower of Bad Astronomy, you should be (see my blogroll on the right).  Author Phil Plait combines just the right blend of interesting science fact mixed with the real world mixed with a touch of geekiness.

If that doesn't entice you, what will?

I stole Phil's title for mine, in his post from Monday called "Three Planets Dance in the West After Sunset."

Seems that this week Mercury, Jupiter, and Venus are fairly close together in the low western sky just after sunset.  Here is a shot that Phil used from a photographer named Ken Griggs, who posted it to Flickr:



As I write this Monday PM locally it is cloudy, so have not seen this so-called triple planetary conjunction.  I am hoping for better luck Tues or Wed.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment