Monday, September 16, 2013

Why Do Cats Purr?

Cartoon below ent to me by daughter, who simply used the SUBJECT line "Mana."

Mana (short for Amanda, due to the 3-year-old granddaughter who could not pronounce the full name) came to us via daughter, who then worked at the Humane Society. 

Mana was allegedly a foster cat, but as many of us come to find out, "foster" actually means "adopt."

She was found in a garbage bag with 2 live siblings and a dead mother, and was so young as to need to be bottle-fed.  One would think that a bottle-fed kitten would grow up to be kind and gentle and love human touch...and one would be wrong. 

Mana is, in fact, the kitty from hell (I once remarked that she had not bitten me in the face for a long time).  That said, I love her, and she loves us as much as she can.  Mana helped me get through a rough patch when a loved one was desperately, life-threateningly lost.

 
[image credit here]
 
 
I've previously posted about Mana here.  So here is a shot of the real Mana, looking none too formidable:

 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment