Friday, January 10, 2014

Star Trek...and Ultrarunning

 
[image credit here]
 
 
We can wish for a good year of Ultrarunning in 2014...or we can actively make it happen.
 
I am not a saint or a poster child for New Year's resolutions, but I did just send my entry to a 24 hour event over Memorial Day in May.  I figured, life is too short not to try something new.  And I am no spring chicken, so I have only a limited number of years left to me.
 
I believe in the concept and practice of commitment, of forcing oneself to man- (or woman-) up.  As in the simple act of sending an entry form.
 
Remember, YOU are in control of your fate.  Not your spouse, not your kids, not your significant other.  And if you are propensed (see my previous blog post here from March 2011 for an explanation of this term) to stretch, to reach for the Ultrarunning stars, DO IT TODAY.
 
When you are in the nursing home, you will not regret the races you ran, you will regret the races you didn't run.
 
Make it so.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment