Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Bobsledding Vs. Ultrarunning

[image credit Wikipedia]


I heard this quote while I was watching some Swiss bobsledder during the just-concluded Winter Olympics.  Evidently he was expected to do well at these games.

I wrote it down, it tickled me so:

"He's got the weight of a great sledding nation on his shoulders."

Wow.  Makes me really glad that all I do is trudge or slog or mosey through the backcountry trails, just me and no other responsibilities to others or to my country.

Please note that I am in no way making fun of this guy, the Swiss, or the sport of bobsledding.  We all--myself included--specialize in some pursuits that others think to be odd. 

It just struck me as a peculiar comment, one that I cannot ever imagine being applied to me or to Ultrarunning.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment