Monday, February 24, 2014

French Quarter Kitty...and Ultrarunning

The bride was just in New Orleans this past weekend, on her way to a western Caribbean cruise with the ladies, when she snapped this image:

[image credit The Bride]
 
 
It's a good life, darlin'.

The Ultrarunning part?  I ran 10 miles a couple days ago with no ill effects from or on my finger.  Next milestone--that I am truly dreading--is getting the stitches out on Tuesday.  Just thinking about it makes me cringe.  It's not that I've ever had a history of terrible experiences with removal of medial sutures, it's just that the end of my newly-truncated finger is just so sensitive to the touch.

I plan to ask for Novocaine to prep me.  The marvels of modern medicine, and all that, right?  This is the era of not needing to suffer needlessly.  Better living through pharmaceuticals! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment