Sunday, June 22, 2014

Cats in Art: The Hermitage Court Moor in Casual Uniform (Zakirov)

From my continuing weekly Sunday series of cats in art. I'm using some ideas from the coffee table book, The Cat in Art, by Stefano Zuffi.

I'm shaking things up a bit: instead of looking to the past, for the next couple weeks I'm featuring a series of contemporary digital art by Eldar Zakirov (whose website is here).  I found Zakirov via the always-great site Boing Boing (link here).


Image credit here.  The Hermitage Court Moor in Casual Uniform, Eldar Zakirov, 2013, media and size information unavailable.

Like last week, the image just seems so funny (in the sense of incongruous) compared with how cats really are.  I mean, a cat wouldn't be caught dead in a casual 
uniform--they always are nattily attired.

As I previously commented, I like the idea of including some contemporary art in my Cats in Art series, although the old paintings are where my heart is.

At any rate, enjoy--or at least bear with me for a couple weeks--my Eldar Zakirov side trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment