Thursday, August 28, 2014

Janis Joplin Stamps...and Ultrarunning

A few weeks back I posted about the upcoming Janis Joplin stamp to be issued by the USPS in August.

Well, we like JJ, although the bride and I are certainly not groupies, so I guess it was more the idea of honoring an era in classic rock: since we need stamps anyway, we went ahead and bought $200 worth.

That's about 400 stamps, thusly:

[image credit Gary]


They come in sheets of 16, with a photo of JJ on the back, with the sheet designed to look like an 45 in its sleeve.

The link to Ultrarunning is that probably JJ's most beloved song is Piece of my Heart.  Sometimes when I'm struggling along the trail this tune comes unbidden to my mind...and stays there.  Although it's a song of love gone bad, I focus on the word heart, as in my heart pounding in the effort of the run.

Listen to it here.


No comments:

Post a Comment